Are you finding your Teen is lacking motivation or confidence? We did too! The biggest question we got from teens about our starting our Teen leadership program was "What's in it for me?" Our answer You get to have your say, building confidence in a Fun achievable way, an incentive based level system for you … Continue reading Teen Yoga Leadership Program
5 Best Tips to transform Mindset It can be heart breaking to see your child anxious an not know how to help them. My 12 year old has had to transform her anxiety into SuperPowers and she has succeeded. Sometimes a little too much! We found tools to help us along our journey, yoga, meditation … Continue reading 5 Best tips to Transform Mindset
We started off with a “What a we reading Wednesday”, but we have so many books on the go we thought we would share through our Blog.
We love stories and I love how stories spark curiosity and the love of learning just takes over. My Kids have always loved stories, I suppose when they have a bookoholic mum there is no other option……
When I introduced Read Alouds to my daughter when we first starting homeschooling, I remember my mum saying ” Isn’t she too old for reading to, shouldn’t she be reading it herself.”
And I second guessed myself, because lets face it that’s what we do when we first start homeschooling. Second guess everything.
But I thought no I am going to TRUST in the process.
I found that her dyslexia she struggled and strained and tried so hard just to read the words she lost the love of the story. When I started to read to her she found a new love of stories.
Now she has listened to the Harry Potter series, yes all 7 books 5 times. Yes 5 times. She loves to listen to books whether it is me reading or listening on her device.
So what are we reading this week?
- Burgess Book of Birds by Thornton Burgess, a wonderful Living Book about Peter Rabbit and all his Bird friends. I love how these books introduce and teach about facts in a story the kids remember them so well when they can picture the birds.
- Magic Australia by Nuri Mass to start our Australian project, We have only just started this one about a little boy who wanders around learning about the magic of Australia.
- Little Grammar People by Nuri Mass. My daughters absolute favourite book. We have read last year but she wanted to read again. Each chapter the twins are introduced to the Grammar people, our Favourite is Mrs Adverb. A colourful way to remember or introduce Grammar.
- A is for Australia by Frane Lessac. This one is apart of our Simply Homeschool curriculum ( which I love by the way)
- A is for Australian Animals, we love Picture books still………. and forever I will guess.
- SuperPowered by Renee Jain and Dr Shefali – a book to transform Anxiety into Courage and resilience. This is our Book club book. The kids are taking turns reading aloud together.
- Harry Potter and Ickabog by JK Rowling. Really any JK Rowling is a hit in our house.
- Little Acts of Bravery
- 100 things about the Human Body from the 100 things series. This is our Science study for this year. We are learning about Mind and Body and I absolutely love the activities we have to go with this one.
- and lastly my pic for the week is Buddha and the Badass by Vishen Lakhani. This is one for the Mums. I absolutely adore Vishen Lakhani he is the Man behind Mindvalley.
Enjoy your weekend and I hope you get to read some books and relax.
Let us know what you are reading this weekend.
We started off with a "What a we reading Wednesday", but we have so many books on the go we thought we would share through our Blog. We love stories and I love how stories spark curiosity and the love of learning just takes over. My Kids have always loved stories, I suppose when they … Continue reading What are we reading this week?
Hello Passionate Mumma, You're a trailblazing mum of tweens and/or Teen, you spend your day creating the vision of a new way of education for your kids somedays you feel like you are just scratching the surface and ticking boxes but there is so much more you want to cover in your day. If you … Continue reading Hello Passionate Mumma
The Beginners Guide to Unit Style HOmeschool Teens My biggest scariest thoughts when deciding to homeschool our daughter was "What about High School?" Surely I couldn't teach her all the electives at home ??? Well the more I researched myself and found people in the area that have already done it, watched several workshops, asked … Continue reading Beginners guide to Homeschooling Teens
My blog exists to help Homeschool Mums with curriculum printables to help homeschool Teens with ease and have fun along the way.
- To help new homeschooling mums inspire a love of learning with Inquiry Based learning units.
- To help parents find fun and cheap activities to do with their Teens to empower a health Mind and Body.
- To help mums with adding Mind Tools to uncover their Teens genius, Healthy Mind and Body activities to add to your homeschool day with Yoga, Art, Read Alouds and Multisensory activities.
- To help parents teach their Teens the Mind Tools to reduce Stress and Anxiety.
Empower parents with the skills they need to teach their Teens Mind and Body Tools.
Why do we need Mind and Body Tools? How will they help my Teen? We all dream of Healthy Teens that are confident, healthy and Free to love learning with curiosity. When our Teens get stressed or anxious the Amygdala – Part of the brain that protects us, shuts down the Pre frontal cortex – the thinking part and the Hippocampus our memory part so that it is ready to Fight, Flight or Freeze when in Danger. This may have worked when we were cavemen being chased by bears. But our brain cannot tell the difference from real danger or perceived danger eg. being hit by a car or hearing an upsetting remark from a friend. By teaching our Teens the Mind and Body Tools to help calm our mind we can help them reduce the stress or anxiety and get back to enjoying life.
Provide easy to follow printables to teach Mind Body Tools
We will create easy, fun printables to add these Mind Body Tools to our Homeschool routine in as little as 10 minutes per day. We also have larger E-books and printables for more activities or join our Membership and get complete access to our Resource Library.
Recommend only the best books for Read Alouds for our Unit Study.
We love books in our Homeschool learning Centre, we love Read Alouds, every Unit starts with a Story which opens up the subject and kids learn the most through Stories. We will give the best recommendations for Stories to get started with any subject.
Help parents instil confidence and Self-esteem in their children
This is my life long purpose to instil confidence in the kids in our Swim school. My husband and I have run a Swim school for over 15 years and been involved in swimming for nearly 25 years. In all of these years the biggest goal for our Team was to instil confidence in and out of the pool. To empower kids to love the water and the life skills that go hand in hand with swimming. The last 5 years I have moved into Life Coaching to help kids more. I want to build resilience, character strengths. CONFIDENCE and self-esteem. Want to download a copy of our FREE Empowering Positive Self esteem in kids go to our Resource Library
Write a weekly blog post to help parents on their journey
Each week we will take our Mums on a journey and offer a Free Printable to use in your Homeschool adventure. We know how scary this can be as all the different styles and curriculums that are on offer. We as an Eclectic homeschooling style of family have taken the best bits we have found from all styles and use what we love and we want to share with you.
So let’s go on this adventure together and Empower our Kids to have a Healthy Mind and Body and to instil a love of learning the way our Kids need to learn!
Want access to our Resource Library for Free Printables?? Click here for access
My blog exists to help Homeschool Mums with curriculum printables to help homeschool Teens with ease and have fun along the way. To help new homeschooling mums inspire a love of learning with Inquiry Based learning units. To help parents find fun and cheap activities to do with their Teens to empower a health Mind … Continue reading 5 Things I Want To Help My Audience With
In January our 1 on 1 GO ZEN sessions will recommence. What are these you ask? They are 1 on 1 session via Zoom using our Animated programs to help your Tween or Teen understand how the mind works to protect them, Anxiety relief, well-being and resilience, OCD relief, mindfulness, negative thoughts relief, Panic attack … Continue reading Set up, Step up Show up in 2021
Are you Frustrated that your Tween and/or Teen is struggling with school, struggling with how they learn in an overstimulating classroom. Does your teen no longer want to be in the classroom because sick of feeling dumb and useless and doesn’t know how to vocalise this so shuts down. Are you concerned that your … Continue reading SuperPowered Teens
Do you ever find yourself feeling like you don't understand your own motives or choices? If you feel this way, you can learn why you do the things you do. Life can be a whirlwind at times. Maybe you've just been too busy lately to spend time thinking about your priorities and goals. One method … Continue reading Your Life Story: Increase Self-Understanding by Journaling Your Life
I love when exercise wakes up my senses. My choice of activity is based on its ability to enliven me and heighten my energy. Yoga gets me ready for challenging days. Going through slow yoga stretches each morning allows my muscles and joints to loosen up. It is a good way to get over the … Continue reading Yoga gets my body and mind ready for my day.