In order to achieve big things in your life, you must be willing to think big. You should dream big and envision your goals to make them happen. Achieving your targets and goals is best achieved when you can imagine every detail of what it is you want to achieve.
When you’re busily working toward bringing your goals to life, you also feel happier and more fulfilled in your journey.
Follow these steps to bring your goals to fruition by envisioning what you want in life:
1. Close your eyes and imagine your future. Where do you see yourself in a year, five years or ten? Try to think as far ahead as you comfortably can. Do you see yourself with a family, children, a steady job, and a college degree in ten years?
• Try to have as vivid a visualization as you can. Pay attention to every detail, and let your dreams come to life in your mind, showing you what matters most to you. Think about where you want to be in the future and how you want to get there.
2. Write down everything you envision. Use as much detail as you can when jotting down what you remember. Write down the most important achievements that you focused on, but also the details about each. What matters most to you?
• Note the things that stood out in your visualization. Did you own your own home? Were you raising a family? Did you have a job that made you happy? Were you making a comfortable income? What other details stood out? How did you feel?
3. Create a list of bullet points. Do this for each separate achievement that you wrote about following your visualization. For example, if one of your achievements is “I own my own home,” then you can list things like you are successfully saving for a down payment, that you’re making monthly mortgage payments, and you have a steady job.
4. Break each of these bullet points down into goals. For example, if one bullet point was to save for a down payment for the home you visualized, how can you get there? Create savings goals that will allow you to work toward having a down payment for your home.
5. Lay out your plan. Once you have a list of long term, medium term, and short term goals in mind, create a plan accordingly. How will you achieve these goals? How will you bring the life that you visualized into existence? Divide your large goals into achievable steps.
6. Start achieving goals today. Put your future plans into action today. Vow to take a small step each day toward the future you have envisioned. Move forward every day, even if you are only taking small steps at a time.
7. Revisit your plan consistently. Visualizations, dreams, and hopes change over time. Revisit the plan that you laid out and the future goals that you dreamed up on a consistent basis to ensure their relevancy over time. It’s okay to change your dreams and goals based on your needs and desires as they change.
Visualizing the “dream you” is an excellent way to bring your goals to the forefront when you’re trying to determine what matters most to you.
When you can picture what your desired life is like, you can better determine the goals you need to set and achieve to get there. All it takes are small steps toward your desired future self, and you can achieve the life you deserve!