Would you like to know the 15 ways to stay grounded. Add it to your daily practice.
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed as you’re juggling multiple responsibilities and trying to keep up with constant change? Maybe you feel like you’re bombarded by news and information, and being pulled in many directions.
It can be hard to stay grounded unless you train your body and mind to stay calm under pressure.
Try these daily habits that will keep you centered and peaceful.
Habits to Keep Your Mind and Spirit Grounded:
1. Slow down. Make a conscious decision to stop rushing around. Do less and accomplish more by clarifying your priorities. Focus on one activity at a time, and pause in between tasks.
2. Breathe deep. Lower your stress levels with simple breathing exercises. Work at breathing from your abdomen instead of your chest, and lengthening your exhalations. Try alternate nostril breathing to activate both sides of your brain by using your thumb to close off one side of your nose at a time.
3. Practice mindfulness. Daily meditation will help you to live in the present moment. Find a quiet place where you can sit down and let go of distracting thoughts. Get outside in nature.
4. Monitor your self talk. Replace doubts and limiting beliefs with more encouraging messages. Remember your past victories and cheer yourself on.
5. Soothe yourself. Be gentle with yourself when you’re having a tough day. Listen to soft music or take a warm bath.
6. Engage in meaningful activities. Understand your strengths and spend time doing things that create a sense of flow. You may find fulfillment in your job or hobbies.
7. Connect with others. Surround yourself with loving and supportive family members and friends. Create opportunities to share laughter and deep conversation.
8. Express gratitude. Count your blessings. Let others know how much they mean to you and look for ways to make them smile.
9. Strengthen your faith. Contemplate your purpose and beliefs. Find a community where you feel accepted and inspired, try out some affirmation cards
10. Think positive. Look on the bright side. An upbeat attitude will increase your resilience.
Habits to Keep Your Body Grounded:
1. Adjust your posture. The way you hold your body can help you feel balanced and give you more strength and energy. Stand up straight and tall with your shoulders held back and your stomach tucked in. Check that your head is level, and your knees are slightly bent.
2. Exercise daily. Working out keeps your body and mind in top condition. Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity at least 3 days a week. You might want to buy a gym membership or go for a run in the park before work.
3. Eat a balanced diet. Make natural whole foods the mainstay of your diet, including at least 5 servings of vegetable and fruits each day. Choose lean proteins and healthy fats. Cut back on excess sugar and salt.
4. Rest and sleep. Give your body time to heal and restore. While individual sleep requirements vary, 7 to 8 hours is sufficient for most adults. Pay attention to the quality of your sleep too. Darken your bedroom and block out background noise.
5. Limit irritants. Ironically, some of the things we do to manage stress can actually backfire. Consume caffeine and alcohol in moderation. If you’re trying to quit smoking, talk with your doctor about methods like nicotine replacement.
Your daily choices can help to introduce more peace and harmony into your life as you navigate minor and major challenges. Staying grounded will make you happier and more productive. Join our Art of Authenticity course to help you with being grounded.