8 Characteristics of Self-Confident People
Are you self-confident? Do you know how to recognize self-confidence in others? Self-confidence is important. Consider that if you didn’t have any self-confidence, you wouldn’t even leave the house.
Self-confidence is having certainty in yourself to handle any issue that can come up in your life. It’s also the certainty that you can make positive things happen.
When you can do these two things, you have control over your destiny. A foundation of self-confidence is necessary to get the most from your life.
The world is your oyster if you believe in yourself enough!
Do you have these characteristics of self-confident people?
1. High standards for how others treat them. Those that lack self-confidence will tolerate others mistreating them. That doesn’t mean that someone with a lot of self-confidence wll throw a fit when someone is disrespectful to them. But, it does mean they will draw attention to the behavior. That is often enough to put an end to it.
● You deserve to be treated as well as anyone else. Stick up for yourself without being overly sensitive. People will be more respectful, and your self-confidence will grow.
2. Good eye contact and open body language. A confident person won’t go through life looking down at their feet. They’ll have their head up and look you directly in the eye. Their body language is open and inviting. Confident people aren’t afraid or anxious, and their body language will demonstrate that fact.
3. Confident people are even-tempered. Confident people aren’t easily thrown off their emotional game. They’re in a pleasant mood most of the time. They take life as it comes and avoid overreacting. They don’t feel insulted or slighted as easily as other people, and this is part of their appeal.
4. Assertive. When you’re confident, you’re comfortable going after whatever you want. You’re not hesitant or fearful. You are confident that everything is going to work out in your favor.
● Pretend that you’re assertive for a day. Notice how much more confident you feel. When you adopt the behaviors of a confident person, you’ll start to feel more self-confident.
5. Decisiveness. Confident people have an easier time making decisions and following through on them. If you’re regularly indecisive, you could probably use a boost to your self-confidence. Make a few decisions that you’ve been putting off and act on them. You’ll feel more confident immediately.
6. They smile. If you’re confident, why wouldn’t you be smiling? You have confidence in yourself and your ability to affect your world. You have a lot to smile about, and you’re not afraid to smile.
● People that lack self-confidence often sport a nervous smile, but that’s not the same thing. That type of smile can be spotted from a mile away.
7. Take risks. Taking risks is easier to stomach when you’re confident in yourself and your abilities. Why wouldn’t you take more risks if you expected success? The most successful people are highly confident and take the biggest risks. Of course, they do so intelligently!
8. They are able to say “no.” This is important. The ability to say “no” gives you more power over your time and emotional health. Studies have found that people that struggle to refuse requests are more stressed and depressed. A confident person is comfortable saying the word “no” to others.
Self-confidence is a foundation for all success. Without self-confidence, you’re unlikely to even give yourself a chance to be successful.
Build your self-confidence and take control of your life. Everything becomes possible when you believe in yourself. Remind yourself of your many successes and then create a few more successes. Your self-confidence will grow accordingly.